Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage and file synchronization. Dropbox also provides client software for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, for Google Android, Apple iOS, and BlackBerry OS, and web browsers.
If you own an iPhone and have Dropbox installed, you will find it rather convenient to transfer photos and videos between your iPhone and your computer. Let me show you the steps:
1. Download and install Dropbox software onto your computer.
2. Open the Dropbox app on your iPhone and switch to the Uploads tab.
3. Press the + icon at the upper left and select the photos and videos you need to transfer.
4. Choose an upload destination and start to upload.
5. By the time you get to your computer, the photos and videos you selected will be waiting to be sync to your Dropbox folder.
Note: If you want to move photos and videos from your computer to your iPhone, you just copy and paste them into your Dropbox folder. By the time you get to your iPhone and open the Dropbox app, the photos and videos you put onto the folder will be waiting to be synced to your device.
The recent update to Dropbox’s iOS app can automatically upload photos and videos to Dropbox for you. You can choose to upload All or Only New photos and videos. All you need to do is start the Dropbox app on your iPhone and the photos and videos will automatically get transferred to Dropbox (and therefore any PCs to which you are syncing). You can now get to all of your iPhone’s photos from wherever you are, on whatever device or PC you happen to be using.
Note: Apart from photos and videos, you can also use Dropbox to help you transfer other files such as PPT, Doc, PDF, TXT, XLS, etc. between your iPhone and your PC.
Though Dropbox is free and easy to use, it still has some limitations I’d like to point out:
1. It gives you only 2GB of online storage for free. You need to pay for more storage.
2. It requires that you register a Dropbox account.
3. You must log in to your Dropbox account on each of your computers and devices in order to get files transferred.
So if your Dropbox storage has reached 2GB and you don’t want to pay for the upgrade, or you don’t want to install Dropbox onto your computer, or you’d like to exchange photos and videos with your family and friends, you may download a better iOS app named Wireless Transfer App (iTunes Link) to help you. It never requires any account like Dropbox or iTunes. You just feel free to take advantage of wifi network to transfer photos and videos between your computer and your iPhone and even share photos and videos with others.
Below are some guide posts of Wireless Transfer App:
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi
How to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop
How to transfer HD video from iPhone to Mac
How to transfer pictures from iPhone to iMovie on iPad via wifi